We are educators. We are mentors. We are coaches.
CEO & Founder
Director of Business Development
Director of Demand Generation & Sales Operations
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Client Success Account Manager
Recruiter & Placement Coordinator
Marketing & Operations Strategist
Our Job Openings
Earn While You Learn
Fuel Sales Academy is hiring Sales Development Representatives with the goal of helping people start their careers in Business-to-Business (B2B Software Sales. You will earn $15/hour — including opportunities to earn commission — while you learn a proven sales development process, grow through our on-the-job development academy, and work directly with our clients in the education technology field.
How are we different?
“How do I get the experience if I cannot get the job?”. When it comes to learning and developing in a sales role, the classroom experience is not enough. Gaining hands-on experience and knowledge of what to expect and how to excel in sales is what makes us so effective. Our program provides you with the tools and “real world” experience to set yourself apart in the employment market.
With Fuel Sales Academy, you are paid to practice your skills with a leadership team devoted to helping you develop and improve every day while you work with our client companies. Our team gets to know you, your goals, and your career ambitions. We then work to connect you with our partner companies to continue your career in sales.
Who are you?
- Naturally curious, helpful problem solvers with an internal motivation to help others.
- Dedicated to pursuing a career in sales.
- Mission-driven personality including self-management and motivation.
- Excited about how technology solutions can help any business.
- Ability to carefully listen and respond with empathy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
What will you do?
- Proactively engaging and prospecting new business opportunities and customers
- Educate potential customers and generate interest in our client’s solutions.
- Work directly with client Account Executives to schedule demonstrations of their software solutions for qualified opportunities.
What will you learn?
- How to focus on the right prospects with the right message.
- How to build an effective outreach approach.
- How to manage objections.
- Effective discovery processes to ensure quality opportunities are provided to the account executives.
- Effectively use contact management technology (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.).
Where does this take you?
The ultimate goal for every Fuel Sales Academy SDR is to develop their skills and land a full-time position with one of our vetted partner companies.
A bit more about us:
We are process-driven, executing on a strategy to generate awareness and demand for our client’s solutions. Our team calls on prospects to educate, gain interest, qualify leads, and schedule product demonstrations. Pairing our startup experience with demand generation expertise, we are building unique teams bringing cutting-edge solutions to potential clients in Education Technology, Healthcare, and Financial Services. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple companies, solutions, and markets while learning every day and having a lot of fun.
We are based in Kansas City, Missouri, but we are training and placing SDRs nationwide.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQs.
Fuel Sales is looking to hire an SDR Coach / Manager who will be responsible for evaluating, training, and supporting our remote SDR teams currently going through our sales academy training program. Their primary responsibility is providing team and individual coaching to new or inexperienced SDRs, with the goal of preparing them for a successful career in B2B Software sales. Our intention is to have you join our team and help facilitate interviews and recruiting while you learn the role then take over and support our existing teams.
This position requires a highly organized, self-motivated individual who has a passion for developing and working with people. If you are currently executing in a Team lead capacity with an SDR/BDR team today and looking for your next challenge, this could be exactly what you need.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire SDR candidates, participating in the recruitment, interview and selection processes
- Train incoming candidates, utilizing classroom-style learning, roleplay, and live calls with feedback
- Manage a national SDR team responsible for outbound prospecting on behalf of multiple separate clients
- Provide coaching and ongoing support to develop your team, many of whom are new or inexperienced with sales
- Ensure team fulfills goals set for each client, and properly allocate team members to meet obligations
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure messaging and approach for each client stays fresh and on target.
- Experience leading an SDR team
- Experience in B2B Software sales
- Edtech Experience is a major plus
- Training Experience is a plus
- Based in or willing to relocate to Kansas City
- Experience with CRMs
- Ability to lead a large, diverse team located throughout the country
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire for continuous learning and improvement
Fuel Sales is currently hiring an Independent Business Development Manager (IBDM) to focus on building our Direct Hire Partner Companies. This IBDM will operate as an Independent Sales Rep and will report directly to the CEO. The ideal candidate for this position will have previous full desk sales staffing experience, and experience in the K12 Education market.
Due to the business model Fuel Sales has created with their SDR Bootcamp, this position will be solely focused on building new accounts and managing those accounts in the future. All candidates will come directly from the training program as proven successful SDRs for hire. You will have no need to source candidates outside of the program.
- Sell the Direct Hire SDR Partner Program into new accounts across the nation.
- Work closely with Fuel Sales leadership to ensure all necessary paperwork is in place to conduct business with clients.
- Support the Fuel Sales candidate team in completing the placements.
- Maintain connection with the account for new business
- Successful experience executing at a high level in the Staffing Industry.
- Proven ability to stay disciplined to an agreed upon “playbook”, while also being flexible enough to deal with a certain level of ambiguity while we build out the program.
- The ability to stay self-motivated and work independently.
- Successful experience communicating and partnering with a distributed team.
- Network / Experience in the Edtech space is a huge bonus
About Fuel Sales:
Our mission is to educate individuals and companies on how to drive scalable demand in the K-12 Edtech space, giving them an ability to grow in a purposeful and predictable way. We have created a sales training bootcamp that has gained attention nationwide driving hundreds of students a year through our doors for training. Once they graduate from our program, they are looking for our support in placing them with a quality Edtech company where they can start their sales career off on the right foot. This is where your support comes in. We need more opportunities for these graduates.